Saturday, January 22, 2011

Grant Cardone Contest and My Book

How would like to tinker with using social media to expand your business?  Social Media can make a dramatic impact on brand awareness, lead generation and getting the word out there that you are out there.  Before the internet, word of mouth was the best form of advertising, but now with the internet, word of mouth suddenly has a global reach.  Social media and blogging has gotten me personally hits on my blogs and Hubs from all over the world.  "LIKES" on Facebook from "How to Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone" has people from all over the world.

What is your business?  Are you using social media to promote yourself and your business?  If not.  Why not?  Do you sell insurance?  Are you a bank teller?  Personal Trainer?  Therapist?  Author?  Car Salesman?  It doesn't matter what you do, it you're in the business of exchanging on thing for another, you're in sales!  Social media is a powerful way to expand your reach.  If you want to get started or at least try it, a great way to get your feet wet is through a little contest being had over here:

http://grantcardone.com/blog/c/StopDontQuitCom

For those of you you who've never heard of him, Grant Cardone, is a sales and marketing trainer and author.  He's on his 4th book and has been touring the country revolutionizing the way we do business.  From the automotive industry to real estate and to any sales oriented career, Grant has studied and practiced the art and science of selling for a very long time.  He has probably forgotten more about how to sell than most people ever actually learn.  His business exploded greater than ever when he started in with social media.  It's amazing how just a little extra effort can make huge impacts on your life and business.

It's his contest and the prizes are...  you know what, forget the prizes for a second.  Today, I signed up for twitter. http://twitter.com/StopDontQuitCom
  Why have I not signed up for and started marketing me and my book, "How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone" on Twitter yet?  Today I did because of a "silly" contest.  What was is it that finally got me to do that?  Was it the opportunity to win $10,000 in training materials from Grant?  Was it the opportunity to win an iPad?  Not really.  You see, I'm not "into" contests.  I'm competitive with only one person and that's me.  Sure I like to win, but I don't like to win at the expense of others so I always look for a win/win scenario.  This contest challenged me to step up my game in social media and will do the same for you.

At the very least, if you want to see a brilliant example of social media working to expand a business.  Check out this link and look around.  You will see the power of Social Media in a whole new light.

http://grantcardone.com/blog/c/StopDontQuitCom

Thanks in advance for checking it out.  Sign up just for the hell of it and see if you don't learn something.  In fact, I double dog dare you to sign up, try it and see if you don't learn something new.  When you do learn that one new thing, please let me know what it was by leaving a comment on this blog post.


Thanks again!