Saturday, February 5, 2011

An open letter to all

BELOW IS AN EMAIL I SENT.  NOW, HERE ON THE BLOG, I ASK YOU TO DO WITH IT AS YOU SEE FIT.

Dear Friends and Family,

I trust most of you know, I have written my first book.  How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone.  In this book are the tools, tricks, actions, and behaviors that were vital in helping me kick the habit in 2002.  It chronicles my story and experience as a smoker becoming a non-smoker.  How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone, then shows how anyone can use the same tools and techniques I used to stop smoking to successfully stop themselves.

Why are you receiving this email?

In a nutshell, I need your help.

As I started 2011, I set a goal for myself to sell 5000 copies of this book by or before 12/31/11.  I picked that number because I read somewhere that most books that get published never sell more than 5000 copies.  "Well, not me" I thought!  "I'll sell 5000 in a year!"  Puffed up chest and all!

As time went on, I started blogging more and more about not smoking.  I continued doing more and more research into smoking, addiction, getting "clean" and seeing the consequences of smoking and smoking addiction.  Suddenly my goal began to change.  Actually, it began to evolve.  I started this book with the intention to share my story, have a few laughs and hopefully make some money.

Things have changed for me.

I still want to share my story and I definitely want to have a few laughs.  But putting all of that aside for a second, what I really want to do is to empower smokers.  5000 to be exact.  5000 this year to be more specific.  I want to empower smokes to stop smoking.  Cigarettes are a cruel bitter sweet dysfunctional relationship that will eventually lead to checking out of this life way sooner than necessary.   Cigarettes in my opinion are a passive aggressive form of suicide and if that's too "heavy" for you than at least acknowledge that if you're smoking daily, you're self medicating for something.

I genuinely want to help others stop.  Smokers need healing, tough love, and motivation.  It's time to kick the habit.  It's time to love yourself a little more than you did yesterday and it's time to pass this email forward.

That's what I need your help with.  You can breathe easy, there will be NO pass this on or else curse!

Do you know a smoker?  Do you know someone who knows a smoker?  Is there a loved one in your life that needs this book? 

I'm looking to get 5000 people this year to make a small investment in the quality of the rest of their lives.  How To Stop Smoking Without Killing Anyone, is not preachy.  There will be a few in your face moments, but keep in mind, I bill myself as a smoker who doesn't smoke.  If you're a smoker, know that I speak your language and this book is for you.  Know that you don't have to give up any part of yourself or your identity to stop smoking. 

My father wrote something interesting in the forward of the book that says we all "smoke" something.  So for those of you non-smokers with a habit that needs kicking, this book may come in handy as well...

So, if you're receiving this email, know that all I'm asking you to do is forward this on to the people you know who may benefit from reading this book.  I think it goes without saying you're welcome to get a copy for yourself, but what's most important to me right now is to find a way to get my book between the fingers of 5000 smokers this year.   Then, I want those 5000 smokers to accept my challenge to "stop, but don't quit."

Thank you for taking the time to read this and a double thank you in advance for deciding to help me help others...

Sincerely,

David R. Bradley 
THE WEBSITE:  http://www.stopdontquit.com/